The William Lee Davidson Monument stood astride the New Garden Road between 1906 and 1937. It was removed from the battlefield in the fall of 1937 due to safety concerns with the invention of the automobile. The Signers Monument cornerstone was laid and dedicated on July 4th, 1894 with U.S. Vice President Adlai Stevenson in attendance. Reinterment of Willam Hooper and John Penn occured shortly thereafter. The Hooper Penn monument was officially dedicated on July 3, 1897.
Download 336 KB