The flight crews of the 73rd Bombardment Squadron (M) at McChord Field before the flight of the eight Douglas B-18A airplanes from McChord to Elmendorf. One crew, whose members are not in the picture, had flown to Anchorage a month before the other eight
B-26 #1558 sitting on the ramp at Adak on a rainy day. The engines are covered to help protect them from the weather. The nose shows the two twenty millimeter cannon that had been installed in the nose. This was a modification that was added in the field.
The Quonset building, at Adak, show the “deluxe” living quarters we had. The next lower level was “air-conditioned” tents. The big rock in the picture was known as ship rock because and was out in the bay.