The goals of the visitor use program at Acadia National Park are to:
- inform park managers and the public about visitor use and impacts;
- minimize visitor impacts to park resources and help ensure high quality visitor experiences.
In our scope of work we
- coordinate university social science and visitor impact research to support park needs;
- conduct small scale research projects to understand visitor use;
- inventory and monitor visitor use numbers, activities, behaviors, and impacts;
- mitigate visitor use through site management practices and Leave No Trace (LNT) visitor education.
The various projects listed below each offer a brief overview and links to some research and monitoring reports.
Friends of Acadia Ridgerunner and Recreation Intern
Isle au Haut
Leave No Trace
Mount Desert Island
Village Connector Trails
Visitor Survey Card
Visitor Services Project