Passamaquoddy Kit Lesson 7
If you are accessing the digital version of this lesson, you must complete the following steps in addition to those steps listed in the lesson plan.
1. Print and cut out 10 copies of each Trade Photo. Fold each card so that one side has the image of the trade object on it and the other has the trade group, tribe, and home territory information.
- If you plan on dividing your class into 5 trading groups, print and cut out 10 copies of each Trade Photo associated with Trade Groups 1-5.
- If you plan on dividing the class into 10 trading groups, print and cut out 10 copies of each Trade Photo.
2. Extension Only: Print and cut out the European Trade Cards. Fold each card so that one side has the name of the trade object on it and the other has the type of trader.
- Print and cut out 4 copies of the European Trade Cards for the Iron Axe, Copper Kettle, and Wool Blanket.
- Print and cut out 2 copies of the European Trade Cards for the Gun, Gunpowder and Shot, and Cotton.
3. You may choose to laminate the following:
- Trade Photos
- Exchange Rates worksheet
- Wabanaki Homelands map (in color)
- European Trade Cards (Extension)
Links to the Trade Photos, Exchange Rates worksheet, Wabanaki Homelands map, and European Trade Cards can be found on the Passamaquoddy Teaching Kit Index under Lesson 7.