Institutes and Field Schools
Schoodic Education and Research Center (SERC)
Acadia National Park, Appalachian National Scenic Trail, Boston Harbor Islands National Recreation Area, Marsh - Billings - Rockefeller National Historical Park, Morristown National Historical Park
Roosevelt Campobello International Park, Saint Croix Island International Historic Site, Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site, Saratoga National Historical Park, Saugus Iron Works National Historic Site, Weir Farm National Historic Sitemore »
SERC’s education mission is to make natural and cultural resource research and data more accessible to students of all ages through placed based and STEM activities. SERC is the Research Learning Center representing studies throughout 14 national park sites in the Northeast and along the Appalachian Trail. Teacher workshops, field trips, and residential education programs are available for grade levels Pre-K through college as well as in-service teacher training in science, math, and art.
- Call Now:
- Visit Now:
- Single grade level class,Mixed/multiple grade class,Homeschool group,College/University class,Club or interest group (children),Club or interest group (teen),Club or interest group (adult)
- Three hours to four weeks.
- Archaeology, Art, Biology: Animals, Botany, Earth Science, Ecology, Geology, History, Marine Biology, Science and Technology, Social Studies
- National/State Standards:
- STEM, place based, Common Core, Next Generation Science Standards
- art, science, history, botany, biology, ecology, Residential Education, social studies, geology, birds, phenology, citizen science, STEM, place based, Common Core, Next Generation Science Standards
- Institutes and Field Schools