Commercial Use Authorization
If you are a business operator and want to conduct business within the National Park you are required to obtain a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) Permit (36 CFR Sec. 5.3). Failure to obtain the CUA Permit may result in the issuance of a fine and/or removal from the park.
Commercial use authorizations (CUAs) are one method of authorizing commercial visitor services.
- CUAs are currently issued for one year.
- There is no right or guarantee of renewal. Permittee must reapply for a new CUA for succeeding periods upon expiration of the current CUA.
- CUAs are issued for a yearly fee. The current fee is $200.
- CUAs are not considered concession contracts. These services need not be "necessary" but are "appropriate" services that may enhance the visitor experience, and have been determined to have minimal impact on resources and park values.
- Commercial business activity is prohibited within the park unless a CUA has been granted by the park (36 CFR Sec. 5.3).
Information and documentation:
Checklist of Items to Submit
2016 Annual Survey
All Parks Commercial Tour Entrance Fees