Temporary Road Closure
A section of the Western Mtn Road in Southwest Harbor will be closed until 8/18 while park crews replace a culvert with a new fish-friendly open bottom culvert. For more information and a map visit our Getting Around Page. More »
Trail Closure: Gorge Path weekdays, 7 am - 4 pm
The section of the Gorge Path between the Hemlock Path intersection and the A. Murray Young Trail intersection is closed until rehabilitation work is completed. The closure will be in effect Mondays through Fridays only, from 7 am to 4 pm.
Children's Outdoor Bill of Rights
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK
10 easy & fun things every child should experience at Acadia
1. Watch sunrise or sunset from the top of Cadillac Mountain.
2. Follow a trail.
3. Breathe in the ocean air.
4. Go on a park ranger-led activity.
5. Look into a tidepool.
6. Ride a bike on the carriage roads.
7. Find a frog at a pond.
8. Discover Acadia's human history.
9. Look up at the stars and find a constellation.
10. Search for your own special place in the park.
GET OUTSIDE AND DISCOVER ACADIA NATIONAL PARK!
Did You Know?
The Passamaquoddy Kit is an educational tool for teachers to help teach students about Passamaquoddy culture in Maine. The kit is a collaboration between the Abbe Museum and Acadia National Park staff.