Closures for Winter
December 2, 2013: Acadia is now in winter mode, which means that most of Park Loop Road, including Cadillac Mt. road, is closed. Still open is the Ocean Drive section,from Schooner Head overlook to Otter Cliff Rd., and Jordan Pond area via Jordan Pond Rd. More »
Children's Outdoor Bill of Rights
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK
10 easy & fun things every child should experience at Acadia
1. Watch sunrise or sunset from the top of Cadillac Mountain.
2. Follow a trail.
3. Breathe in the ocean air.
4. Go on a park ranger-led activity.
5. Look into a tidepool.
6. Ride a bike on the carriage roads.
7. Find a frog at a pond.
8. Discover Acadia's human history.
9. Look up at the stars and find a constellation.
10. Search for your own special place in the park.
GET OUTSIDE AND DISCOVER ACADIA NATIONAL PARK!
Did You Know?
Acadia National Park's carriage road system, built by John D. Rockefeller Jr., has been called “the finest example of broken stone roads designed for horse-drawn vehicles still extant in America.” Today, you can hike or bike 45 miles of these scenic carriage roads in the park.