Closures for Winter
December 2, 2013- Acadia is now in winter mode. Most of Park Loop Road, including Cadillac Mountain Road, is closed. Still open is the Ocean Drive section, from Schooner Head overlook to Otter Cliff Road, and Jordan Pond area via Jordan Pond Road. More »
Children's Outdoor Bill of Rights
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK
10 easy & fun things every child should experience at Acadia
1. Watch sunrise or sunset from the top of Cadillac Mountain.
2. Follow a trail.
3. Breathe in the ocean air.
4. Go on a park ranger-led activity.
5. Look into a tidepool.
6. Ride a bike on the carriage roads.
7. Find a frog at a pond.
8. Discover Acadia's human history.
9. Look up at the stars and find a constellation.
10. Search for your own special place in the park.
GET OUTSIDE AND DISCOVER ACADIA NATIONAL PARK!
Did You Know?
The historic carriage road system at Acadia National Park features 17 stone-faced bridges spanning streams, waterfalls, cliffs, and roads. The design of each bridge, such as Cobblestone Bridge, is unique.