Trail Closure: Gorge Path weekdays, 7 am - 4 pm
The section of the Gorge Path between the Hemlock Path intersection and the A. Murray Young Trail intersection is closed until rehabilitation work is completed. The closure will be in effect Mondays through Fridays only, from 7 am to 4 pm.
Construction is continuing throughout the park. More information can be found on our Temporary Closures page. More »
Children's Outdoor Bill of Rights
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK
10 easy & fun things every child should experience at Acadia
1. Watch sunrise or sunset from the top of Cadillac Mountain.
2. Follow a trail.
3. Breathe in the ocean air.
4. Go on a park ranger-led activity.
5. Look into a tidepool.
6. Ride a bike on the carriage roads.
7. Find a frog at a pond.
8. Discover Acadia's human history.
9. Look up at the stars and find a constellation.
10. Search for your own special place in the park.
GET OUTSIDE AND DISCOVER ACADIA NATIONAL PARK!
Did You Know?
Saint Croix Island International Historic Site is a National Park Service site located within three hours of Acadia. Saint Croix commemorates the first French attempt at a permanent settlement in N. America. Explore the mainland site with an interpretive trail featuring bronze statues and waysides. More...