Teachers and leaders are asked to report to the Visitor Center at the Birthplace Unit and the Ranger Station at the Boyhood Home Unit at Knob Creek upon arrival to sign-in before touring the park.
Teachers and leaders are required to accompany students and groups at all times.
For visitor safety and protection of the natural and cultural resources, please observe the following:
- Stay on paved walks where available
- Stay off the walls of the Memorial Building steps, Sinking Spring, Boundary Oak, and Plaza area, and all split rail fences
- Do not use flash photography in park buildings
- Refrain from touching the cabin, exhibits, and artifacts
- Do not enter park buildings with food and/or drink
- Picnic only in the designated picnic area located on the east side of U.S. Highway 31E at the Birthplace Unit and the picnic area at the Boyhood Home Unit at Knob Creek
- Utilize the picnic area for recreational activities i.e. softball, Frisbee, running games, as these activities are not permitted in the Visitor Center and Memorial Building area (These activities are generally permitted in the picnic area if they can be conducted without jeopardizing the safety of other visitors or damaging park resources
Destruction of Federal property is a violation of Federal Law to include damage/destruction to any park natural resource, building, and facility (including restrooms).